Low-profile carpet that uses texture to create a sophisticated, designer lookShop All
What is Pattern Carpet?
As is suggested by the name, pattern carpet is a textured carpet characterized by its distinct repeating patterns. However, unlike many other types of carpets or textiles, pattern carpeting designs are created entirely by physically varying the construction of the carpet fibers instead of just using different colored yarns. The result is a design element that can be both seen and felt.
- Often called “cut and loop carpet,” because it uses a combination of both looped and cut fibers to create its patterns
- A low-pile carpet, so it’s easy to keep clean
- Eye-catching design adds style and texture to a room without being overwhelming
Shop Pattern Carpet by Style or Color
Empire’s selection of pattern carpets includes a diverse range of colors, from subtle earth tones to bold blues and reds. Unique geometric patterns offer further style variations, even within patterned carpets of the same color family.
Why Should You Choose Pattern Carpet?
Pattern carpets are a top choice for rooms that prioritize style, but not at the cost of comfort or practicality. Tile or wood floors are great for formal areas but aren’t always the most foot-friendly flooring. On the other hand, many of today’s most comfortable carpets have a style that skews casual and can be a chore to keep clean in rooms that might see regular spills—areas like a fine dining room that prizes aesthetics but still sees regular visitors.
These are the situations where pattern carpet excels. Pattern carpets are prized for their refined design, which lends an element of sophistication that’s not often found with a more casual carpet. And with a low profile that makes them easier to maintain, patterned carpets are a popular choice for formal rooms that may still be dealt the occasional spill. In short, you should choose a pattern carpet for any area of the home where both form and function are of paramount importance.
Pattern Carpet features
Combining upscale looks in an easy-to-clean, comfortable surface, pattern carpet is an excellent choice for a formal living or dining room.
- Patterns created by fiber construction instead of color help make pattern carpet easier to integrate into existing interior designs
- Low-profile design is resistant to crushing, making it a great choice for dining rooms or other spaces where chairs may stay in one spot for long periods of time before being used
- Some of the best warranties in the industry. Many pattern carpets are covered by limited lifetime warranties against staining