General Hardwood Flooring Maintenance
- Empire suggests always following manufacturers recommendations.
- Spills and tracked-in dirt should be wiped up right away.
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum using a hard floor attachment once a week or more if needed. Do not use vacuums with beater bars or hard heads.
- Clean with a recommended cleaning product made for hardwood flooring as needed.
- Don’t allow liquids to stand on your floor.
- Never use buffing machines as they can damage your hardwood flooring.
- Steel wool or scouring powder is abrasive and will damage your floor’s finish.
- Steam mops may cause damage to hardwood flooring due to the high temperature of the steam. Check the manufacturer guidelines for your flooring before using a steam mop. Read more about steam mops and hardwood flooring.
Hardwood Flooring Stain and Spot Removal
Stains or spots can happen. These tips can help you address stain removal on your hardwood flooring.
- Wet spills should be wiped up immediately.
- A warm, damp cloth can be used to wipe up the substance from your floor.
- Use a cleanser made for hardwood flooring to help clean more stubborn soil.
For sticky substances, harden the spot with an ice cube and lightly rub with a dull plastic scraper. Do not apply too much pressure as this could damage or scrape the floor’s finish.
All Product Care Articles
Learn easy cleaning and maintenance tips and when to consider professional carpet cleaning.
Durable laminate is easy to clean and maintain with these simple steps.
Vinyl flooring is known for its toughness from everyday living, find out how to keep them looking newer, longer.
Maintaining tile flooring is easy when you follow these simple tips.
These easy tips help keep your blinds & shades looking beautiful.