General Ceramic & Porcelain Tile Flooring Maintenance
No tile flooring is stain proof, although many are stain resistant. Prompt attention to spots and spills is essential.
- Clean with a damp mop at least once a week. Mop heavy-traffic areas more frequently.
- Never use detergent or soap. These products can dull the tile’s surface.
- Place mats at doorways to help trap soil and other substances that would otherwise be tracked onto your floor.
- Add protective pads to furniture legs. You can help protect your tile by affixing felt or similar pads to tables, chairs, etc.
- Steam mops may cause damage to ceramic flooring or porcelain flooring due to the high temperature of the steam. Before using a steam mop, check the manufacturer guidelines for your flooring. Read more about steam mops and ceramic flooring.
All Product Care Articles
Learn easy cleaning and maintenance tips and when to consider professional carpet cleaning.
Durable laminate is easy to clean and maintain with these simple steps.
Protect your hardwood flooring investment with tips for easy maintenance and removing spots and stains.
Vinyl flooring is known for its toughness from everyday living, find out how to keep them looking newer, longer.