Empire offers stain resistant carpet formulated especially for homes with pets. Ask your flooring professional about carpets that provide protection against wear, soil, and stains.
Pets are family. Their needs will affect your pet-proof carpet and flooring choices. You’ll want to pet-proof your home with durable, easy-care flooring that accommodates the size, age, and temperament of your dog or cat. Empire Today®'s pet-friendly flooring products are also eco-friendly: good for your pets, and good for the earth. Your flooring professional can discuss pet-friendly flooring options during your FREE In-Home Estimate. Ask about our safe blinds & shades to help keep pets out of danger.
What Can Pets Do to Floors?
- Pet nails can scratch or snag
- Pet urine can stain and leave/create odors
- Stains and soil are more likely
- Dogs and pets may track dirt indoors
- Spills from water or food bowls
Featured Product: Pet-Friendly Carpet
Empire provides some of the best carpet and flooring options for cat and dog owners:
- Special treatments such as R2X® Stain & Soil Resistance and Stainmaster® help prevent spills and “accidents” from leaving a lasting impression on carpet.
- Our special PUP® Pet Urine Protection carpets are designed to help resist penetration of pet urine and other liquids.
- Built-in stain resistant technology: the latest carpet fibers are constructed to help resist stains and soil, as well as moisture and residue in some cases.
- HOME Fresh carpet, the world’s first and only hypoallergenic and odor-neutralizing carpet, is another excellent pet-friendly choice.
Recommended Cat & Dog-Friendly Flooring Options
Many engineered hardwood flooring and solid hardwoods have a factory-finished protective layer that helps provide resistance against abrasions, stains, and soiling.
Laminate flooring provides a durable, affordable flooring choice for pet owners. It has a protective finish layer that helps provide resistance against abrasions, stains and soiling.
Ceramic tile is tough flooring made from basic elements. Porcelain tile, which includes additional minerals and is fired at extremely high temperatures, is even more durable.
Vinyl is resilient durable flooring that can stand up to traffic from your four-legged companion. Vinyl also has a tough protective layer that provides soil, stain, abrasion and moisture resistance.