Laundry rooms and mudrooms, some of the hardest-working rooms in your home, require highly durable flooring and window treatments. Laundry room and mudroom floors should be easy to clean and stand up to wear, moisture and soil. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style for durability – there are plenty of flooring options that can make these practical spaces look sharp. The key to choosing the best floors for laundry rooms and mudrooms is to think about how you and your family will use the room.
Considerations for Laundry Room and Mudroom Floors
Some items to keep in mind when selecting the right floor for a laundry room or mudroom include:
- Soil or water may be tracked into a mudroom from outside
- Laundry room floors may be exposed to detergent, bleach or other substances
- Moisture from machines or wet laundry may accumulate in a laundry room
- Performance may outweigh décor in both a laundry room and a mudroom
- Water may cause slippery conditions in both rooms
Your Sales Representative can help you choose the right flooring for your laundry room or mudroom. During your FREE In-Home Estimate, your Representative will explain choices to fit your home, budget, and lifestyle.