A Message to Empire Customers About the Coronavirus, from CEO Keith Weinberger
What we’re doing to protect our customers and communityAt this time when the news is dominated by COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), I want to personally reach out to:
- Let you know we are implementing precautionary health measures for our employees and contractors to help keep you safer during your in-home appointment
- Ask for your support in helping keep our people safe and healthy
Like you, we have spent the last few weeks learning how to help guard against the spread of the virus. We are closely following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and with safety in mind we’ve:
- Asked all non-essential employees to work from home
- Asked people to stay home if they, or someone in their household, are sick
- Required clearance from a doctor before returning to work for those who are ill
- Shared specific instructions with employees and contractors on the importance of washing their hands and protecting themselves from getting sick
- Increased cleaning services and sanitizing in our facilities
- Suspended employee travel and cancelled large gatherings
Since we’re part of the same community, raising our families and living together, it’s critical that we all work together to minimize the risk of transmission of any sickness. So if you or anyone in your household feel ill, please give us a call at 866-588-2315, and we’d be happy to put your appointment or installation on hold, and reach out to reschedule when convenient for you. Please help us protect our people, as we’re doing to protect you and our communities!
We continue to believe that shopping from the comfort and safety of your home is the best way to get beautiful new floors, especially now. Thank you as always for your support of our business!
While this is a quickly changing situation, we don’t anticipate any interruptions in operations and will remain vigilant to ensure we continue to serve your needs with the quality for which we are known. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you up to date with any new information.
Keith Weinberger, CEO