Keeping your laminate floors from dirt and debris:
- Place mats in entryways to wipe off shoes prior to entering the home. This can reduce the amount of dirt and debris brought in to your home.
- Clean up dirt and debris brought in from outside immediately - it can cause scratching!
- Place castors on furniture and appliances to help prevent scratching.
- Only use non-abrasive cleaning tools to help avoid scratching and damage to the top coat finish.
- Perform routine cleaning to keep floors looking shiny and new.
Laminate flooring is designed to be easy to maintain and clean. When cleaning, remember to follow these tips:
- Vacuum your laminate floors using a vacuum cleaner without a beater bar.
- Wipe down your laminate floors with a dry mop.
- Clean with a warm, damp cloth when removing spills.
- Do not oversaturate your laminate floors with water. Lots of water can lead to warping and buckling over time.
- Never wax, polish or use buffing machines on your laminate floors. Using these items can dull your floor’s finish and potentially damage the surface.
- Refer to the guidelines provided by the manufacturer prior to using a steam mop on laminate flooring for best practices. High temperatures are not recommended for laminate flooring.