Hardwood Flooring Care
If you have hardwood flooring, these helpful tips will help you take care of your beautiful investment.
Hardwood Flooring Do's
- Use a damp cloth to blot spills and spots as soon as they happen. For tough spots, such as oil, paint, markers, lipstick, ink, tar, or cigarette marks, use acetone/nail polish remover on a clean white cloth, then wipe with a damp cloth. Always avoid allowing liquids to stand on your floor.
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum the floor regularly with the hard floor attachment (not the beater bar) to prevent accumulation of dirt and grit that can scratch or dull the floor finish.
- Occasionally wipe the floor with a damp mop or cloth.
- Periodically clean the floor with floor covering care products.
Hardwood Flooring Don'ts
- Do not use oil based, wax, polish, or strong ammoniated or abrasive cleaners.
- Do not use steel wool or scouring powder.
- Do not wash or wet-mop the floor with soap, water, oil-soap detergent, or any other liquid cleaning material. This could cause swelling, warping, delamination, and joint-line separation, and void the warranty.
- Do not use any type of buffing machine.